Philippines Escapes & Hideaways
Ariara is the ultimate ‘off the beaten track’ destination. This private property is available to let including the exclusive use of the whole island, managed and serviced by the owner’s personal staff.
Ariara lies in the north of the principality of Palawan, in an area called Linapacan. Linapacan is a medium-sized island in the Calamianes group, located between Coron to the north and the Palawan mainland to the south.
Stay in paradise
Designed by a renowned Filipino architect Jorge Yulo, the buildings are contemporary in style and have been designed and built with sensitivity to the environment. The property provides luxurious and spacious accommodation (25,000 square feet) for up to 18 guests.
All rooms have views of the sea extending along 250m of Ariara's stunning white sand main beach. None is more than 18m from the high tide line.
All rooms are situated along the main beach and have fabulous uninterrupted views out to sea … over the reef, the neighbouring islands, and at the end of each day the sunset in the West.
The four beach cottages each have a large bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, a four poster style bed, and a walk-in wardrobe. There is an enormous marble bathroom with either a wooden bath or a marble bath hand carved from a block of Romblon marble, and an open-air shower.
The cottages are surrounded on two sides by wide verandas with cooling ceiling fans which provide ample room to relax and enjoy the view with comfortable seating, hammocks and a breakfast table. Each cottage is designed with a private terrace and a secluded pocket garden.
Built on ‘stilts’, these substantial villas enjoy commanding views and consist of a suite of rooms. Each has a large master bedroom with a raised four poster style bed, a dressing room (or child’s bedroom), and a marble bathroom with walk-in shower, and a marble bath which is open to the jungle.
One villa has an additional single bedroom (or study), with its own ensuite shower room. The other has a 1st floor terrace with a breakfast table. Both villas have extensive shaded terrace areas underneath with hanging chairs and hammocks to relax in.
Infinity Pool and Pier
In front of the Lodge and looking over the beach is an infinity pool surrounded by sundecks. Located at the end of the pier, the pool together with the Lodge form the focal point of day-to-day life on the island. Perfect for lazing away the afternoon in awe of the view, or a quick dip to cool off, the pool is also excellent for young swimmers, water polo and basic dive instruction.
The pier extends 120m out across the reef giving access to the island at low tide. Along the pier is a grass roofed sun shelter over the reef - a favourite place (just one of many), to find peace, a cooling breeze, and some shade from the sun.
The Lodge is a substantial building positioned centrally at the end of the pier, designed for dining and entertaining. The dining hall and lounge are surrounded by wall-to-wall full height glass doors which open to catch the breeze and to enjoy the view.
The North wing comprises an impressive marble floored dining hall with a 12m high vaulted ceiling, and a viewing gallery above, together with a 1st floor shaded terrace and games area.
The South wing comprises a spacious lounge with oversized comfortable sofas to relax and unwind, equipped with a cinema style projector and a huge screen.The lounge leads onto the infinity pool and deck area and from there onto the beach.
Above the lounge, reached by a bridge from the gallery, is a master bedroom suite with fabulous views.
Either a short hop by helicopter, or by a domestic flight and boat transfer.
|Group Size*||18-14 pax||14-12 pax||11-9 pax||8-6 pax|
|Price per person per night (Minimum stay of 7 nights**)||USD $395||USD $430||USD $510||USD $595|
|*/** = smaller groups and shorter stays available - prices on request.
Prices are subject to VAT at 12%, and a 5% Service Charge
EXCLUSIVE private use of the whole property for you and your group, price inclusions:
- Accommodation in private Jungle Villas, Beach Cottages and Suites
- Private use of central Lodge for dining and entertaining and Infinity Pool
- 125 acres of unspoilt tropical paradise with a 600m white sand main beach, and a thriving house reef
- Full board: all food is included. Delicious bespoke menus are created and prepared by the resort's resident chef Jonnal Sotto following a pre-arrival consultation to establish guest preferences
- Drinks: fresh herbal teas, tea, coffee, and local bottled still water are all included
- A crewed yacht with air-conditioned cabins is at the guests' disposal for island hopping and expeditions (fuel charged according to usage - see Extras)
- Use of all watersports equipments such as speedboats, jetskiis, a RIB, kayaks, windsurfers, Hobie Cat, water skiis, wakeboards, fishing and snorkelling equipment (fuel charged according to usage)
- Air-Conditioning: all rooms have ceiling fans and the architectural design of the properties cleverly promotes natural ventilation. Air-conditioning is available in all rooms if and when it is desired at no extra charge
- Fully staffed with a team of approximately 30 Staff to tend your every need
- European manager and PADI diver instructors, personal chef, and security
- Transfers: by private vehicle and yacht (fast 44ft A/C Lagoon Power catamaran yacht) Busuanga (Coron) - Ariara - Busuanga (Coron) costs US$600. The price is the same for any group size and included fuel. Private transfer by plane to Busuanga, or helicopter or seaplane transfer direct to Ariara from Manila - prices available on application.
- Fuel: for boats and jetskiis is charged according to actual usage @US$3.50/litre
- Drinks: soft drinks, wine, spirits, beer, and other imported drinks are extra. Wines are ordered in advance according to guests' preferences from the best Manila Wine Merchants
- Staff Instructor and a PADI OWD (Open Water Diving) Instructor @US$55 per person per dive. PADI Open Water Diver course @US$400 (Junior Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, and other PADI courses). Note: Diving is at the discretion of the Instructors
- Massage/spa therapist: available by prior arrangement @US$40 per treatment. Signature treatments include Hilot (a traditional form of Filipino massage with healing benefits based on the principles of energy, the balance of the elements of the body, and herbalism), Swedish/Shiatsu massage combined with stretching. Thai massage, Organic Gumamela (Hibiscus) Facial. Foot spa, manicures and pedicures
- Additional dive instructors, masseuses, beauticians, yoga or fitness instructors - price available upon request