Solomon Islands Nature & Wildlife
Choose where you sleep
The Marovo Lagoon is the largest saltwater lagoon in the world. The waters are calm and the sea-life abundant. Turtles, dolphins, rays and the occasional whale, magnificent coral gardens and prolific tropical and pelagic fish life abound, all surrounded by magnificent beaches and rainforest. Sea kayaking is an ideal way to get back to nature, to discover this stunning environment, while also sampling genuine Pacific Island hospitality and culture whilst staying in Eco-lodges within villages dotted around the lagoon.
Our Sea Kayak Expeditions are based at the fabulous Uepi Island Resort situated on the magnificent Marovo Lagoon.
Uepi enjoys an international reputation for world class scuba diving & snorkelling, romantic honeymoons, exciting cultural & nature tours, 'Get-A-Way' relaxation & genuine Pacific Island hospitality.
The kayak expeditions commence in the outstanding environment of the Marovo Lagoon; about 90 kms long & 6 kms wide, bounded on one side by a tropical barrier reef & on the other by two mountainous islands. The tours may extend to Nono Lagoon or outer ocean areas.
Paddlers travel the lagoon, experience its great reefs, beaches, islands & forests, meeting the friendly Marovo people & learning about their culture.
The Marovo Lagoon, Solomon Islands, offers conditions suited to the best kayaking in the world :
- Kayaking over first class lagoon & oceanic coral reefs.
- Kayaking a protected `smooth-water' lagoon dotted with small tropical islands.
- Kayaking the open ocean side of a barrier reef adjacent to 2000m of water.
- Being comfortable with warm water & climate all year -round.
- Sharing the warm waters with the immensely diverse & colourful Indo-Pacific marine animals in this world renowned area.
- Taking advantage of the unique melting pot mix of an extensive barrier reef, multitudes of small tropical islands, protected lagoon & deep open ocean waters, all intermingled together, allowing for your own personal experience, to satisfy your expectations & sense of adventure.
- The excitement of paddling in well equipped modern Sea Kayaks.
- Itineraries specifically designed for your personal consideration & circumstances.
- The outstanding & renowned marine & terrestrial environments of this remote part of the Indo-Pacific.
- Genuine Pacific Islands friendliness with accommodation in local 'Eco-Lodges".
- Solomon Island culture & customs ..`alive & real'.
- The rewards of participating in a truly outdoor 'hands-on' activity which is personally rewarding as an individual & as a group experience.
- The adventure of a remote exotic locality with the security of an organisation with over 20 years of experience in the Marovo Lagoon.